Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Other fun things....

I sewed a new dress for my niece, Addi.  She picked out the fabric for this dress - I think she has really great fashion sense!

Unfortunately, she was also very sleepy and in a bad mood when I took this picture....so I had to take another one. I recently had a girl's day with my niece Addi, including Princess Time (we went to salon and got our nails done) So, Addi was eager to smile when I took this picture:



My nephew Aidan, however, was a bit jealous of all of this girl time. So, I decided to take him fishing. (I'll definitely take Addi fishing too, but she's a little young... plus I'd like Aidan to be able to fish with minimal assistance from me before I add a second kid to the equation) So, the first time, Aidan didn't catch anything. But the second time we went, he caught a fish!!!!



It was a catfish! It was just big enough to take home, luckily. Aidan looks very happy with his fish!!!!

When I took the fish outside to clean it, both kids wanted to watch.  So this turned into an impromptu fish anatomy lesson.  Thankfully, there are no pictures!  But every time I talk to Aidan, he asks about going fishing.  Addi wants to go too!!!!

3 comments:

Sissi said...

I also loved fishing as a child! (Maybe because of this, contrary to most of the people I know I love different kinds of fish, I don't have problems with opening them and cleaning and when I once was lucky to find a living eel in my fish shop killing it was the easiest part). I miss fishing so much....
Congratulations for the dress! I have absolutely no talent (or patience? or both?) for sewing, but I do make some small modifications from time to time and also have made some tops which are not so perfect but to which I'm particularly attached to.

muskratbyte said...

Thanks Sissi! I definitely plan to take Aidan fishing many times more! I only sew occasionally, my niece has REALLY been bugging me for a new dress!

Mary said...

I think you did a fantastic job on the dress for Addi! And Aiden really loved going fishing!